Every time i made this gratin... i always remember a person behind this recipe. He teach me how to make this gratin and also he teach me what goes well with. He teach me a lot about western food and the good pairing of the food, also how to present the food in right way. He's my little brother that i will always remember where ever he is now... Thanx you so much Kamal Bobby. I hope 1 day i can taste ur great food again...
Here is the simple recipe of the gratin
- 4 large russet potato (peel n thinly slice)
- 4 inch of leek (thinly slice)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of cream (whipping cream @ cooking cream)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of butter (for saute the potato)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (u can add lemon zest if u like a touch of tangy taste or cinnamon if u like)
- 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- salt n pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients. preheat oven at 180 C.
- Melt butter in a pan over mediun heat. Add slice potatoes and saute for few minutes until the edges of the potatoes turn to golden brown color. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, pour milk, cream, add leek and nutmeg. simmer for 1 minute over low heat. stir. Season with salt and paper. turn off the heat.
- Take a baking pan or any baking dish - better square. Arrange the potato overlapping each other for 1 layer.
- pour in the cream-milk mix until slightly covered the potatoes, repeat layering potatoes n cream-milk until all potatoes finish.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- bake for 20 minutes.
notes : Let he gratin cool for 1 hour before serve.. or refrigerated, cut into portion and reheat in microwave when needed.