Today I plan to have mango salad as a company for our ikan pari bakar and air asam, but I cannot find the good young mango. I try find the mango in few places, but still cannot get, and suddenly my eye catch small young papaya. :) i'm smiling, and and so many ideas come into my mind - to create a good dish with the papaya. i still stick to make salad... then when at home, i notice that i don't have peanuts but i have almond, so i use roast almond instead of peanut and add another unusual thing in our salad - quail egg - half boil quil egg!!!
You should try this, and its taste - describable!!!!
- 1 young papaya (just a small size) - peeled n julienne (slice)
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 1/4 of tamarind fruit (buah asam keping) - finely slice (is ok if u don't have)
- 1/2 cup of roasted almond (crush coarsely)
- 3 tbsp of fried shallot
- 3 tbsp of fried anchovies
- 4-5 shallot - finely slice
- 1 cm of ginger - finely slice
- 1 stalk lemongrass - finely slice
- 5-8 chili padi - chopped ( use less if don't like hot)
- 2 lime - take juice
- 1 tsp grated gula melaka
- 3 - 4 tbsp fish sauce (nampla sauce) - add more as needed, this is substitute of salt
- 8 quail eggs - boil for 2 minutes
- Put shallot, ginger, lemongrass, chili padi, lime juice, gula melaka and fish sauce in a bowl. Mix well and put a side for a while.
- In a large bowl, put papaya, coriander and all the seasoning mixture. toss well. Add 2/3 of fried shallot , 2/3 roasted almond and 2/3 fried anchovies. Toss well.
- Garnish salad with the remaining almonds, fried shallot, fried anchovies and quail eggs.