This salad is good for refreshing starter. The combination of flavor quiet unique. Easy to make. You can make this salad a head of time and keep chill in fridge until needed.
I can remember where i saw this kind of salad,,, if i'm not mistaken in a cook book. But here I use my own combination of flavor with my own simple vinaigrette salad dressing...
- 20 Asparagus tip
- 8 cherry tomato (cut to 4)
- 1 large orange (peel n just take the flesh)
- 3 slice of Smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and paper to taste
How to make :
- Make vinaigrette. combine onion, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil in a bowl. Mix and put aside.
- Blanch the asparagus. Bring to boil water in a pot over medium heat. Add asparagus. When the color change nicely green, take out from water and put into ice water (to make sure the asparagus not overcook and keep the nice green color). Drain and put aside.
- Cut smoked salmon to smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, orange flesh, tomato cherry, and the vinaigrette. Season with salt n pepper. Toss well.
- Serve or u can refrigerated for a while before serve.